How to Remove MyWebFace Toolbar from Mozilla and Google Chrome Without Anti-virus
MyWebFace is a toolbar that installs as an Extension or Add-on in web browsers such as Mozilla, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer and takes over the functions of these browsers. From a personal experience, MyWebFace causes a number of problems that interfere with your browsing experience. Here are some major problems that I experienced after MyWebFace installed into my web browsers:
1. Your web browser will hang a lot causing poor browsing experience when you do your searches.
2. Most of the searches will lead to unwanted or irrelevant websites.
3. Most searches will show sponsored adverts
4. MyWebFace promotes third-party search engines especial MyWebSearch and MyStartSearch
5. MyWebFace causes lots of pop-up adds
If you have a good anti-virus software installed on your computer, removing MyWebFace may be few clicks away. However, if you do not have any anti-virus installed in your PC, there are a few process that you need to accomplish in your Mozilla and Google Chrome web browsers.
A. How to Remove MyWebFace Toolbar from Mozilla and Chrome
There are two methods you can follow to completely remove or disable MyWebFace toolbar from Mozilla:
Removing Through the Control Panel
Removing MyWebFace toolbar from the Control Panel is very easy. However, this toolbar may not be listed in your Control Panels' Add/Remove Programs like it happened in my case, making it difficult to remove through the Control Panel. If not listed in the Control Panel, you will have to remove MyWebFace through the settings on Mozilla and Google Chrome. You can find out if this toolbar is among the programs in your Control Panel by following these steps:
2. Click Control Panel
3. Select Uninstall a Program under Programs
4. When on Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall/Change a Program, search and click on MyWebFace
5. Click Uninstall and restart your PC
Removing Through the Settings of Mozilla
1. Click the three lines icon at the top right corner of Mozilla home page
2. Click on Add-ons
3. Click on Extensions at the menu on the left side of the screen
4. Click "Disable" to disable MyWebFace or "Remove" to completely remove it from your PC
5. Restart your PC
Removing the Settings of Google Chrome
1. Click the three dots icon at the top right corner of the home page of Google Chrome
2. Select "Extensions". If you have Windows 10, find "Extensions" under "More Tools"
3. Uncheck "Enable" to disable MyWebFace/FilmFanatics or click Bin icon to completely remove it from Chrome browser.
4. Restart your computer
Was this article helpful? If so please share!